NATIONAL ROUNDTABLE ON SELF-REGULATION OF MEDIA IN KOSOVO
On Tuesday 17 November the Press Council of Kosovo in cooperation with UNESCO (Paris), OSCE High Commissioner for the Freedom of the Media (Vienna) and sponsored by the European Commission (Brussels) organized a national roundtable on self-regulation of media in Kosovo at the Kosovo Institute of Journalism & Communication (KIJAC).
The keynote addresses were delivered by:
- Ognian Zlatev, Project Consultant, Media Development Centre, Sofia
“Introduction of UNESCO Project”
- Willem Houwen - Chairman of the Board of PCK
“Overview of the Press Council’s function and most interested cases”
- Impact of the Press Council in education of journalists and editors on application of Code of Ethics/ Press Council as a learning process – Agron Bajrami –Editor in chief - Koha Ditore.
- Self-regulations amongst publishers / Self-regulative body of Print Media publishers, within the Press Council. Ruzhdi Kadriu – Kosova Sot Publisher
- European self-regulation practises Mr. Ian Mayes, former reader’s editor for The Guardian.
The keynote addresses were followed with open discussions.
Kosovo Institute of Journalism and Communication, Prishtina, Kosova
Tlf: 038 560 541/522 | Mobile: +377 (0) 44 155 358 | E-Mail: email@example.com